Identification (April - September)
During the identification phase, we strategically implement the TCPI teacher recruitment process to identify the most exceptional teacher/administrator applicants and change agents available. This process heavily involves the TCPI Teacher Recruitment Team, who help recruit and select the new TCPI cohort members.
Meet The TCPI Recruitment Team
|Diosa Adams|| Aaron Bass||Koree Hood||Audra Ward|| Brian Wise|
Who are the TCPI Teachers?
TCPI admits those teachers of color who have a sincere desire for inclusivity and greater diversity within the teacher and administrative staff in education, and who see themselves as part of the solution. Candidates demonstrate mastery of content area, good citizenship, community involvement and a desire to serve.
No two TCPI applicants are alike. As such, we look for evidence of:
- Demonstrated academic, professional and extracurricular achievement
- Resolve in the face of challenges and conflicts
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Superior organizational ability: planning well, meeting deadlines, and working efficiently
- Respect for individuals’ diverse experiences
- Superior interpersonal skills to motivate and lead others from a diversity of experiences
Successful teachers are also accomplished leaders. TCPI applicants have historically demonstrated leadership within a broad range of experiences, such as:
- Holding leadership roles on campus and delivering significant results for organizations and research projects
- Excelling as team managers at work, coaches of athletic teams, or directors of community organizations
- Demonstrating success in a variety of career fields, such as business, law, medicine, and education
- Achieving measurable results in professional jobs, military experience, or graduate school