REGISTER NOW FOR THE TEACHER OF COLOR PREPARATORY INSTITUTE
October 15th | 5:00 p.m.
Morehouse College: Wheeler Hall, Room 204
~ Please click link above to Register ~
Come take advantage of this unique opportunity to learn more about TCPI, a tuition-free, one year program that is followed by two years of ongoing support once a teacher or administrator is placed in one of our partner schools. Through TCPI, we seek to make potential teachers aware of the career opportunities available at charter schools and independent schools including boarding and international.
Be part of our effort to increase the percentage of Teachers of Color in education, to create school environments where all students receive a multi-ethnic education, and to help schools become more inclusive environments!
TCPI seeks candidates from all majors and professional experiences with demonstrated leadership qualities.
We know that no two applicants are alike. As such, we are looking for evidence of:
- Demonstrated academic, professional and extracurricular achievement
- Resolve in the face of challenges and conflicts
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Superior organizational ability: planning well, meeting deadlines, and working efficiently
- Respect for individuals’ diverse experiences
- Superior interpersonal skills to motivate and lead others from a diversity of experiences
Successful teachers are also accomplished leaders.
Applicants have historically demonstrated leadership within a broad range of experiences, such as:
- Holding leadership roles on campus and delivering significant results for organizations and research projects
- Excelling as team managers at work, coaches of athletic teams, or directors of community organizations
- Demonstrating success in a variety of career fields, such as business, law, medicine, and education
- Achieving measurable results in professional jobs, military experience, or graduate school
Admission is open to all qualified applicants without regard to sex, religion, age, physical disability, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation or marital status.