The Summerbridge Breakthrough Alumni Network (SBAN) is a community for fellow graduates and former staff of Summerbridge Breakthrough "students teaching students" model programs. SBAN's action is a series of intervention strategies with the long-term goals of decreasing high school dropout rates, increasing enrollment and interest in higher education, providing college and career readiness resources, and supporting teacher recruitment and retentoin efforts.
SBAN promotes the lifelong learning, leadership and success of its members through the exchange of knowledge, opportunities, and resources.
SBAN envisions generations of community-conscious leaders from diverse backgrounds whose commitment to education, social justice, and youth development achieves equity for all.
- SBAN believes that our success as a network of lifelong learners is a shared responsibility; each member is both a contributor and beneficiary.
- SBAN believes in an uncompromising commitment to excellence in all that we do.
- SBAN believes that the "students teaching students" model program deserves our unwavering support.
- SBAN believes in embracing diversity in all its forms.
- SBAN believes in maintaining equitable access to its resources for each individual member.
- SBAN believes that laughter and celebration are essential elements of successful collaboration.